According to Mireille Guiliano (French Women Don’t Get Fat):
- Drink at least 1 to 1½ liters of water a day. Apart from tea, coffee, soda or wine.
- Have two portions of real yoghurt a day. This should help the digestive system.
These are the ground rules. There are a few more that are worthwhile:
- Eat what is in season, and eat it market fresh.
- Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. No products with E’s on their labels.
- Eat what you like, but eat it in moderate portions.
- Don’t go hungry and don’t get stuffed.
- Don’t skip a meal. Rather add an extra one (tea?) and eat your meals in a few courses: starter, main course, dessert.
- And most important of all: Enjoy what you eat! Savour it!
Mireille Guiliano needed a whole book to bring this message across, but she wrote it in an entertaining way, so it was no chore.
In the meantime, most amazingly, I’m shedding pounds!!