Friday, June 17, 2011

Fried Chicory, Onion and Tomatoes

Recipes are born by trying out combinations.
They are also born by experimenting with techniques, but that is higher science to me. I am a simple soul who likes to stick to processes I understand, so I exclude the microwave, for how can food be heated without heating it??!!

So this concoction came out of the ingredients I had in stock and a hungry stomach:
Fry red onion in olive oil until golden. Add chopped chicory and thyme and simmer some more. Add a handfull of cherry tomatoes and cover the pan. They will burst in the heat and release their juices. Mix in crème fraîche at the end.

I served it over mashed potato, which was smooth and comforting. But pasta would do as well. It could do with a sprinkle of grated cheese.

Don't forget the seasoning!

No comments: